Saturday, July 30, 2011

New Normal

Well, this weekend ends the first week of Jerry and I being back in Virginia and both being back at work! It was mentally and physically exhausting for me. I slept 9 hours last night and then just took a 3 hour nap from 11 AM - 2 PM. Oops.

Anyway, we went to Taiwan for 10 days for our reception there! It was great fun, and the trip was way too short, it seemed! It was really great to see all my relatives and meet Jerry's relatives. My aunt sang for us at our reception, and so did my sister and cousin Angeline. It was beautiful. Our reception there was really different from the one in the States - I got to wear 3 dresses in the span of 3 hours, and there was a lot more structure (like, after I changed into the second dress, we had to do another entrance, so Jerry and I had to wait outside for like 10 minutes until our "cue" to go in). The only downside was we didn't get to eat any of the delicious food at our reception. :( It sure looked good, but between everything, there was just no time to eat.

This past Monday I started going back to work. It was teacher work week this week, so no students yet, but we had to get our classrooms ready and attend professional development sessions. Wow, I was really exhausted and overwhelmed! Still being jetlagged, Jerry and I would wake up around 4-4:30 AM every morning, regardless of when we went to sleep (usually around 10, though!). Jerry would go to work and I would try to sleep some more before waking up for good and going to work as soon as the building opened. This always ensured I had a good parking spot, though, so there were some positives. :) I got my room into acceptable shape with some decorating, but it took so long! I was pretty excited going into it - I didn't know how much work it takes to get a classroom into order! There's so much to think about - functionality, accessibility, aesthetics, etc. Just to name a few. I must have rearranged the furniture like 5 times! Luckily, because Jerry went to work so early, he willingly stopped by after work everyday to help me do random things in my classroom. I will be always grateful to him - such a sweet husband :)

Well, back to relaxing this weekend - Monday will come soon enough! :)

No comments: