Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day



Valentine's Day this year was pretty fun. :) We went to IHOP for brunch, chilled at home in the afternoon, and went out to Ichiban for an early Japanese Hibachi dinner. It was delicious! Later that night, we went to sing kareoke with Jenny and Steven (she has the photos)! It was a great time with lots of laughs and lots of falsetto singing, haha! :D Jerry bought me a bunch of red tulips from Whole Foods (Fair Trade! He knows my heart) and some organic chocolate truffles. And also claimed that the big Whole Foods bag in his car was filled with "personal items"... and I believed him. Sigh. I'm too gullible, seriously! But he got a good laugh out of it, so I guess it's all worth it!

Valentine's Day is about love - not just with your significant other, but with friends as well. But it also shouldn't be the only day that is about love or the only day that we think or say that we love each other. Everyday that we have with our loved ones is a special day. My mom was always telling us this when we were growing up, and I think it stuck. I know Jerry always likes to spoil me and take me out and buy me nice things, but I told him today that what matters to me is that we are together and that we spend quality time together. Forget the flowers and the fancy dinners and presents -if there's no love... then it's all meaningless. Spend time with the people you love - that's what will last in the end!

Thanks for being my valentine, even when I am cranky, messy, and annoying. Thank you for putting up with my many, many flaws, and still thinking that I'm beautiful anyway. Here's to many more Valentine's Days together, I hope! :)

No comments: