Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yeahhhh Obama! :D

I was at work tonight as I was half-studying, half-watching the election coverage on NBC.com. It was just a couple minutes ago that the NBC video went on commercial break and came back with a "Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States". I was like, "What? The election's not over yet..." but apparently, he got California too, pushing it to 284 - 146 (as of this minute). Wow. I felt chills go up and down my spine as I saw the news coverage all around the country of people cheering. Just now, the whole Fishbowl erupted in cheers and clapping.

The first minority president. Wow. America has been waiting for this day for so long. I was so moved today as I watched an interview of a man who came to vote - he was a part of the Civil Rights movement. Hearing his story just emphasized how I felt about the US needing a president of color - we need someone who understands and who can relate to the people.

This is a historic day. I'm so glad I have the privilege to be a part of making history happen! :)

No comments: