Sunday, January 24, 2010

Random Thoughts

Sorry, I've neglected this blog for a long time... it's not that I don't have anything to say; I think it's quite the opposite... sometimes I have too much to say and I just don't know how to write it all down.

Grad school has been hard this month - we've been back in Ann Arbor and various elementary schools for the past month of January. It's coming down to the last week, and I simply can't wait. I miss my students in Detroit and I know they must have changed so much since the last time I saw them! Kids grow so fast in such a short time.

I started meeting with a lady at Knox for discipleship. It's been wonderful just getting to know each other better and hearing life stories from someone who is significantly older than me. Her and her husband spent 10 years as foster parents, and adopted all their children from the foster care system. It's something I've been thinking about pretty regularly lately. Watching/hearing stories about adoption and foster care tug at my heart in a very special way - I can't quite describe it. I've talked about it with Jerry - might this be a possibility in our life together? Only God knows. But I do know this week I spent hours watching news from Haiti, and my heart was broken again and again as I saw the damage and the lives that are forever changed. Lord, You said You will bring healing - the world needs it and the world needs it now. When is the healing going to pour down like rain, like You promised?

No comments: