Sunday, August 16, 2009

a poem that touched my heart

I made you.
You are different.
You are unique.
With love I formed you in your mothers womb.
I fashioned you with great joy.
I remember with great pleasure the day I created you in my image.
I love your smile.
I love your ways.
I love to hear you laugh, and the silly things you do and say.
You bring me great pleasure.
This is how I made you:
I made you pretty, not beautiful, because I knew your heart, and I knew you would be vain.
I wanted you to search out your heart, and learn that it would be me in you that would make you beautiful.
And it would be me in you that would draw your friends to you.
I made you in such a way that you would need me, yearn, and long for me.
I made you a little more lonesome than you would like to be, only because I want you to learn to depend on me.
I know your heart, and I know that if I hadn't made you like this, you would go your own chosen way and forget me, your creator.
I have given you many good and happy things because I love you.
I have rained blessings on you because I adore you.
I have seen your broken heart and the tears that you cried alone, only because you would not hold my hand.
So many lessons you have learned the hard way because you wouldn't listen to my voice.
So many times I've sat back and sadly watched you go your own way, only to watch you return to my arms, sad and broken.
I have to reshape and remold you, to renew you to what I had planned for you to be.
It has not been easy for you or for me.
I have such amazing plans for you.
I want you to be conformed to my image, this high goal I have set for you because I love you. And now you are mine.
I made you and then bought you at a price, because I loved you.
You are my child, and you are complete in me.
You are my temple, a light to the world, a branch of my vine.
NOTHING can separate you from my love.


Author Unknown

No comments: