Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring is here, I think?

Yesterday was Good Friday. The day started off bright and early, and Jeff took me to go get my car. She's finally here!! (Yeah, I refer to my car as a girl because she's white, cute, and pretty! And it's mine! Crazyyy... makes me feel so grown up driving it. :D)

She's a 2005 Toyota Corolla, with 70,000 miles and I got her at a good deal! ($6800) It's a very basic car, nothing extravagant about it, but it's a car, and I'm blessed. :) Thanks to Mom and Dad, and thanks to Jeff for taking me and answering my many, many questions! I didn't know much about cars before this... I feel like I've learned a LOT these past two weeks. Haha. :)

I went to the Harvest Good Friday service last night. I attended Harvest for 2.5 years during college, and it was only recently that I started attending Knox (more recently, I mean). I really enjoyed it. :) I don't think Jerry and I have gone to Harvest together before (maybe we have, but I don't remember) but last night was very convicting. The talk that Pastor Andrew gave was really good -- about how we are constantly being perfected by the Cross. He also talked about the sacrifices that were prevalent in the Old Testament - until Jesus came, all those sacrifices were not enough to right the wrongs that man committed. He even demonstrated what a sacrifice was like from Leviticus - it was powerful because I feel like often when I read the Bible, it's hard for me to see what's actually happening (I'm a very visual person), so seeing him act it out put a lot of things into perspective. Worship was wonderful as well - the thing I love about Harvest is the passion of the people; no one is afraid to raise their hands and just praise God. It was a wonderful place to be, and God definitely spoke a lot to me.

Easter Sunday is tomorrow - get excited! It's always great to hear about Jesus' ressurection and the victory we have through Christ! :) Thank You, Jesus, for Your sacrifice!

No comments: