Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Praying for Healing...

As some of you know, I love blogging. Maybe I don't always write as much, but I love reading other people's blogs. I think the first blog I ever read that wasn't one of my friends' was Andie Smith's blog about her daughter, Audrey Caroline, who passed away shortly after birth. It broke my heart to read her story, but through her blog... I came to feel as if I knew her. She writes with an open heart, and really invited all of those who were reading her blog into her suffering and grieving, but also how she found hope in a situation where most people would only see darkness.

From her blog, I found the my charming kids blog, when millions of bloggers were praying hard for a little boy named Stellan, who was diagnosed with heart failure and other complications while in the womb. I remember reading at the end of last year on the day he was born - perfectly healthy! Praise God! :) He is now a thriving four month old baby. Following his diagnosis and seeing God work a miracle in their family was just... amazing.

Through her blog, I came across the story of baby Harper, who was born healthy but soon faced heart complications as well. After intense prayer from thousands of blog readers as well, she is now healed and home with her parents. It's so wonderful to see her, healthy and growing, and just praise God for the gift of children! I don't have any children yet, but just seeing how miraculous the birth of a child is... it really moves me. So often, there are complications and so many families lose their precious children, way too soon. On this last blog, the left sidebar is filled with blogs from parents and families who need prayer for their children. Many have passed away, and some are hanging on and waiting for a miracle.

Would you take some time out of your busy day and pray for these families? I know you don't know them personally, but prayer can transcend all boundaries, right? :)

No comments: