Monday, December 15, 2008

Officially Done

So I'm officially an alum of the University of Michigan, as of today. I walked out of my last exam (a brutal one, at that) feeling... kind of sad. Excited to be done with undergrad, but sad that I'll never take another class as an undergrad. Even though school has been hard for the past 3.5 years, I do enjoy learning a lot, and I will miss taking classes and learning about random things that I never would've learned about on my own. College has expanded my view on things, and I really appreciate the opportunity. But I'm also grateful that I was able to finish early and save my parents a lot of money, haha! I was talking with my mom yesterday and she was like, "Congrats on graduating! You saved me and Dad a lot of money." LOL. :)

Anyway... break is here! Well, kind of, anyway. Jerry and I had dinner with Jenny and Steven tonight - it was really fun. I love spending time with other people with Jerry - takes the focus off one another and focuses it on other people. Not that time with each other is not fun too, but sometimes it's nice to do something different too. :) I'm so full right now (at work) but it was totally worth it. Hope you guys enjoy the cookies!

I had my photography show last Friday. One of the big accomplishments of this semester. We had to matte and frame all our photos (we picked 4 to exhibit in the gallery) and it was so frustrating, because the museum board that we had to use was so thick. It also came in big sheets, so carrying that home from Michigan Book and Supply and then from home to East Quad was quite the workout! It was worth it though - I have wonderful friends who are so supportive of me! So many people came, and kept me busy explaining to them my work and those of my classmates. It was a good time. :) Hopefully this show won't be the last!

I'm so excited for the Following Christ conference coming up in a little less than 2 weeks-ish. Not only do I get to spend time with certain people from AIV, I think God will not fail to speak powerfully. I've always been able to hear Him so clearly at these conferences, and this one is particularly applicable, since we will be entering the workforce or graduate school soon, and it will be really cool to talk with people who are already there and see how they grow in their faith in the workplace. :)

On another random note to end this random post - so many happy stories of relationships lately. :D Makes me smile!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

and your show was LOVELY, i can't wait to see your website! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!!!
We are so proud of you! :)
Have a nice break & take care &
God Bless you!