Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Two more weeks in Taiwan before I'm headed back to Ann Arbor again. Life in Taiwan always seems surreal - this is my home, but yet I'm here... what, two months per year? I know I was home for four last summer, but this year, added together... just a little under two months. I feel like Taiwan is home, but also a place of transition - it's where I come to rest and relax before school. I've been relaxing a bit here and there, but I've also studied some this summer (GRE coming up on 9/10! Yikes, that's actually kinda soon!) and met friends and whatnot. Just feels weird that this will be my last time home in... a while, unless I decide to come back next summer.

So, for a while now, I've been thinking about documenting all of my grandparents' life stories. With my Macbook, I can easily record their voices, and I think it'd be something so precious to keep for the future. My grandparents all have very unique stories, and I want to capture all of them before it's too late. I'm hoping in these last two weeks in Taiwan, I can pay them a visit and ask them to tell me their story. I've heard bits and pieces here and there, but I want something to keep.

That makes me think of the future. What kind of legacy will I leave? Will my life change the world? I have big dreams, and I know they always say that one person can make a difference, but what kind of difference will I make? I'm excited to know and see, but I know that that will only happen in God's timing! :)

No comments: