Sunday, June 14, 2009

Going Back Soon

6 more days at home. It's kind of crazy how fast a month has flown by. Slow, at points, but still seems pretty fast. It's a little bittersweet because I'm not sure when I'll be back again - Christmas, if I can find a cheaper ticket. If not... I finish school at the end of July 2010, and I have August to relocate to wherever the job takes me and teaching starts mid-August/September. Next Christmas, then? :( Seems like such a long time.

At the same time, though, I'm excited to be starting grad school. I've technically been done with school since December, so I'm excited to start again, and to meet the people in my program who have the same passion for teaching that I do. I'm excited to learn how to teach and how to engage my future students, and to make an impact with the skills I learn through the program. Praise God, though, above all, for calling me into this field and preparing a way for me. :) My mom was telling me how some aunties were telling her how hard it was putting two kids through college/grad school. My mom told me that her and my dad were blessed, because I was blessed with a generous scholarship. Well, praise God for listening to all of my prayers through the application process! :) It's truly wonderful, and I'm still in awe every time I think about it.

I'll definitely be updating this blog with my adventures through grad school, so do keep reading. :) I'll try to update as much as I can!

No comments: