Monday, April 20, 2009

A Farewell to Small Groups



AIV/IV Small group leaders + helpers of 2008-2009
(thanks to Maggie for the pictures!)

I know not everyone is in these pictures, but can I just say - WOW. A whole year has gone by! Yesterday, Laura invited us over to her house to have an end-of-the-year party, and it was just fun hanging out with everyone outside of WCI and to reflect and share about the past year. You guys have no idea how much of a blessing you've been to me! All the times I met up with each of you, I was so encouraged to hear how you guys were growing and how your small groups were doing. Even from the struggles, I thank you guys for your persistence in continuing to be faithful to God and allowing me into your lives and letting me know how I can pray for you. I know these friendships will continue on into next year, and I hope you've all gotten a lot out of it this past year through leading and helping! It was such a privilege to be your small group coordinator this year.

And a big shout-out to Laura - thanks for being such a rock for us this year, especially for me and Katie! Your notes and thoughtful study of Luke always helped me get more insight on what points to cover in WCI. Thanks for always inspiring me to look into the word more deeply, and for providing such support for all of us. Thank you, too, for the books and for feeding us yesterday. :D It was all delicious! You will be missed a LOT next year!!


No comments: