Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Glory

Glory - Nichole Nordeman

One day eyes that are blind will see you clearly
And one day all who deny will finally believe
One day hearts made of stone will break in pieces
And one day chains once unbroken will fall down at your feet
So we wait for that one day come quickly

Chorus
We want to see your Glory
Every knee falls down before thee
Every tongue offers you praise
With every hand raised
Singing Glory
To you and unto you only
We'll sing Glory to Your name

One day voices that lie will all be silent
One day all that's divided will be whole again
One day death will retreat and wave it's white flag
One day love will defeat the strongest enemy
So we wait for that one day come quickly

Chorus

We know not the day or the hour
Or the moments in between
But we know the end of the story
When we'll see

*****

This song was sung at Knox this past Sunday as the offering song. It really moved me, so I found it on Youtube to listen to the lyrics again.

Yesterday during discipleship with Silu we talked about prayer (Ephesians 2 - study of Paul's prayer for the Ephesians) and one point we both were greatly reminded of was praying with expectation and with faith for the future. We can't see the future, and it often feels awkward (for me, at least) to pray for the future, because sometimes I don't even know where to start! This song was a good reminder that Jesus is going to come again and redeem the world, and we can pray expectantly for that! I was also reminded to pray expectantly for my friends and family who do not know Christ - like it says in the song, God can melt the hardest of hearts. Looking ahead expectantly - definitely a lesson God is teaching me.

We also discussed God's power and work in miracles - I shared with her a couple instances in my life when I thought reconciliation was impossible, but God stepped in and showed me complete forgiveness and healing is possible. Another great reminder to pray - God listens and He always comes through for us, even when we pray half-heartedly and without any faith.

Ephesians has been teaching me a lot. It's been great learning about prayer and God's soveriegn power!

No comments: