Sunday, January 11, 2009

God's Word


(I played around on iPhoto but I can't seem to flip the picture so "ESV" is going the right way. Sorry about the funky lighting, too!)

This was my Christmas present from Jerry this past Christmas. :) Ever since this Bible came out, I've been wanting to get it, because of all the knowledge and background and commentary that was in it. It was a Bible that was praised by many pastors about its good and sound teaching, and I wanted to know more. Since I started reading the Bible more in depth, I've been wanting more - more context, more background. Ever since I started reading this Bible, I've been hooked! I love getting background knowledge on why certain books/letters were written, and it really challenges me to think more about the text. There are also maps and colored pictures to give you even more context on what was going on during the time that the Bible was written. Pretty neat!

If you're like me and like to have background and context on what you're reading, please consider investing in this Bible! You won't be disappointed. :) It's pricey, but I think God's word is a worthy investment, don't you think? :D

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

i love the esv translation, too :)