Monday, September 29, 2008

Talking with God

Walking to work today, I realized how quiet the campus was. Not a person in sight, I held my coffee as I walked to Angell to start the morning shift. It was dead silent around campus - there were no cars on the street for once. I know that when I first found out I got two morning shifts at Angell (starting at 7:30 which means I wake up at around 6:45 AM) I was like, "Are you serious? I have to get up so early!) but now... I kind of enjoy it. I get to see a different side of campus that no one else usually gets to see, and today, I talked with God. It gets a little lonely when you're the only on up at that hour, but it's the perfect time for me to pray and talk to God about things with no distractions. The day was still breaking today, so some of the days I get to see the sun rise. :) It truly is the most peaceful time of the day. During the day, I often have a hard time finding time to talk to God, but I guess He knew that, and provided me with this opportunity. I'm just glad I realized it before I left a whole semester go by with me complaining about having to work early!

No comments: